We affectionately call our youngest campers Ducklings. Their days at NEOC are designed to support their social, emotional, and physical growth, within a safe and supportive framework that encourages their comfort in exploring the natural world, an active lifestyle, and an ease in making friends. The camp program includes familiar activities to help them practice and master skills. New activities encourage them to develop trust, make new discoveries about themselves, and build confidence!
It is this thoughtful balance of consistency and variety that make a single camp week approachable and fun, while multiple weeks at NEOC each feel as new and exciting as the previous week! No matter how many weeks a young camper chooses to spend at NEOC, our team is eager to help them foster a love of the great outdoors and the joy of a summer camp tradition.
Our 1-to-5 staff-to-camper ratio ensures the personalized attention that each young camper deserves. Duckling groups are limited to 10 campers.
Camp days are divided into five activity periods, plus lunchtime.
Duckings spend their three morning activity periods completely outside and actively exploring nature. The two afternoon periods tend to be quieter activities, which are held in the shade of the woods or in our temperature-controlled mobile activity space.
Examples of our activities are:
- Arts & crafts
- Canoe discovery (a shore-based experience that explores balance and music)
- Circle games
- Fairy house and shelter appreciation
- Field games
- Field sports
- Garden exploration with specialists from Mass Hort
- Nerf archery
- Sandbox play
- Trail walks
- Treasure hunts
- Water games
Structure of a Week
Ducklings arrive at NEOC and immediately meet their counselors. Their week begins with very familiar activities that helps them settle into camp with comfort and security, while beginning to make friends with the other campers in their group and meeting of all the counselors on campus.
Every morning, with their counselors and group, they attend a whole camp gathering where they join in call and repeat songs and hear about the day ahead!
Each day ends with campers having an opportunity to share their favorite part of the day and what they are most excited about for the next day.
Thursday's theme day, which is new each week and revealed with great excitement on the morning of, is a chance for Ducklings to exercise their imagination and enjoy twists on familiar activities.
Camp ends each week with s'mores!
Potty Training Requirements
All campers must be able to independently use the bathroom while at camp. This includes lowering and raising their bottoms and cleaning themselves post-bathroom use. Campers should also be able to communicate to counselors when they need to use the bathroom. Campers are not permitted to wear diapers or pull-ups at camp, even as a preventative measure.
We realize that accidents may occur. Campers must be able to clean and change themself after an accident.
To ensure a safe and sanitary environment for all, NEOC has two policies for repeated bathroom accidents at camp:
- After three accidents within a one-week period, the camper will be asked to take a break from camp for the remainder of the week.
- After three more accidents, the camper will need to take a break for the rest of the summer. In the hopes that the camper will be ready next year, we will apply to the family's account a credit equal to 100% of the amount charged for their unused camp weeks and services. This credit will never expire and can be used by any child in the family for future camps.
|Early Drop-Off or Busing||Drop-Off||Camp Day||Pick-Up||Late Pick-Up or Busing|
|Varies, as early as 8:00am*||8:40 - 8:55am||9:00am - 4:00pm||4:00 - 4:15pm||Varies, as late as 6:00pm*|
* Begin the day early and/or extend it with our family-friendly, add-on services, or remove your camp commute altogether by adding on busing. Please note that, depending on your bus stop location, the bus may pick-up earlier than 8:00am or drop-off later than 6:00pm. See all add-on services.
You won’t see a better rate than you see today! As summer gets closer, each future promotion will never be quite as awesome as the one before it.
We offer a sibling discount on bus service which is $10 less per week for each sibling. Please use the pricing calculator to estimate your rate with bus savings.
Read a full description of our billing, cancellation, and changes policies.